Popular Tutorials and FAQs Related to Elementor
We have compiled and explained all Elementor related questions in one place for you. Bookmark this page now!
➠ How to Install Elementor Pro?
Installing Elementor Pro is super easy. Follow these steps to install and activate the Elementor Pro on your WordPress website…
- After you have purchased Elementor Pro, go to your account at my.elementor.com.
- Login with the credentials received in the email after purchase.
- Go to My Account page and click on the Download Plugin button to download the .zip file to your computer.
- Now go to your WordPress website dashboard, click on Plugins > Add New.
- Click on Upload Plugin on the top and select the downloaded .zip file. Then activate it on the next screen.
After that, you can go to Elementor > License to activate your Elementor Pro license, and you’re done.
➠ Install Elementor Pro on Localhost
You can install and activate Elementor Pro on any WordPress website installed on Localhost. Elementor installed on a Localhost website is not counted as an activation, so you don’t have to manually activate it with your Pro account.
To activate Elementor Pro on any live website, you can go to Elementor > License and connect it to your Elementor account.
To install WordPress on Localhost, you can refer to this guide by Kinsta.
➠ How to Get Elementor Pro for Free?
The free version of Elementor offers more than 30 widgets like heading, image, text editor, video, button, image box, testimonials, icon box, gallery, tabs, toggle, and progress bar. This is enough for you to try and get a feel of how Elementor works.
The Elementor Pro plans starts at $49 for 1 site, $99 for 3 sites, and $199 for 1,000 sites. All the plans are renewed yearly and include a 30-day money back guarantee so in case you don’t like the Pro version, you can take a full refund easily.
Now, there are many third-party sites which offer nulled plugins for free or at a discounted rate, but those comes with serious security issues. The plugin files are usually tampered and can can lead to hack of WordPress website. So buy Elementor Pro from their website only or use the free version.
➠ How much is Elementor Pro?
The Elementor Pro pricing is like this…
- Personal plan: $49 per year for 1 site.
- Plus plan: $99 per year for 3 sites.
- Expert plan: $199 per year for 1,000 sites.
There’s a 30 day money back guarantee included with all the new purchases so if you don’t find it worth the money at any point, you can contact the support for a full refund.
➠ How to Duplicate a Page in Elementor?
To duplicate a page in Elementor, follow these steps…
- Go to the page you want to duplicate and edit it with Elementor.
- Click on the arrow icon next to the Publish/Update green button and select Save as Template option.
- Enter a name for the template and hit the Save button.
- Now, go to a new page, edit it with Elementor, and click on the Add Template grey icon next to the plus icon.
- Go to My Templates and click Insert on the saved template.
➠ How to Hide Page Title in Elementor?
If for any reason you don’t want the default title to be shown on any page, you can hide it in Elementor. To hide it, follow these steps…
- Go to the page where you want to hide the title and click on Edit with Elementor.
- Click on the Settings icon in the bottom left corner of the widgets panel.
- Switch on Hide Title.
And you are done! Now the page title will not be displayed on the page.
➠ How to Edit Header in Elementor?
If you are using Elementor Pro, then you can use the theme builder to edit or design the header in any WordPress website. Now, to edit or setup the header in Elementor, follow these steps…
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Templates > Theme Builder.
- Now, click on Add New, select Header from the dropdown list, and click on Create Template.
- Here you can create the header or edit if you have already built a header in Elementor.
If you are on Elementor free version or using the header built in to the theme, then you can go to Customizer or the theme panel to edit the header.
➠ How to use Elementor Templates Library?
With Elementor, you get access to its library from where you can access hundreds of amazing pre-built designs and use them anywhere in your website. To insert the templates and pre-built layouts into any page, follow these steps…
- Go to the page where you want to insert the template and click on Edit with Elementor.
- Now click on the grey folder icon next to the plus icon to open the library window.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to preview and select the template you want to insert.
- Then click on Insert and the template will be imported to the page within a few seconds.
Note: To access the Elementor library, you will have to purchase the Elementor Pro and activate it first. If you’re on the free version, you can register an account for free and then use the free templates from the library.
You can read this post for exact steps on how you can import and export Elementor templates.
➠ Where is Elementor library and How to Access it?
You can view Elementor Library on any page while editing with Elementor or you can directly visit the library from this link. But to insert any pre-built template from the library, you will have to access it on your page only.
If you have any saved templates in Elementor, you can go to your WordPress dashboard, and Templates > Saved Templates. There you’ll find all the saved and imported templates.
➠ Can Elementor be used with any Theme?
Yes, Elementor is designed to work with all the WordPress themes. It also has a Theme Builder which you can use to edit and design all the theme related elements such as header, footer, single posts, archive pages, and category pages.
Elementor team has recently released a free barebones theme called Hello Elementor which is fully compatible with Elementor and is targeted towards developers and marketers. Hello Elementor theme is basically a framework for WordPress on which you can use Elementor build the website from scratch.
So if you’re not comfortable with all the design edits, and coding, you can use any popular WordPress theme like Astra, Generatepress, or OceanWP, and if you’re looking to build the site from Elementor only, then Hello Elementor theme will be best.
➠ Does Elementor work with Shopify?
➠ Does Elementor work with WooCommerce?
Yes, Elementor is fully compatible with WooCommerce and you can design any type of online store on WordPress with Elementor + WooCommerce.
Elementor Pro includes widgets that are specific to WooCommerce pages like add to cart button, product price, product image, upsells, related products, ratings, product stocks, and breadcrumbs. You can use those widgets to build a single product, product archives, shop, and cart pages.
To use WooCommerce with Elementor, you first have to install and activate Elementor Pro and WooCommerce plugin, after which you can go to Templates > Theme Builder > Products. From there you can design and setup all the WooCommerce pages.
➠ Elementor can't Drag and Drop Widgets?
If you are using Elementor Pro but it is not activated, then you won’t be able to drag and drop all the pro widgets as that is disabled to prevent piracy. The solution for that is to activate your Elementor Pro license in Elementor > License.
But if your Elementor Pro license is activated, or you’re only using the free version, and still the drag and drop isn’t working, then there can be an issue with the browser. So try clearing the browser cache or use an alternate browser like Firefox, Safari or Edge, if you are using chrome.
➠ Why Elementor is not loading?
If your Elementor interface is not loading or the loading icon is spinning continuously then it can be an issue with the website hosting or a conflict with other installed plugins. To troubleshoot this issue, you can try these things…
- Make sure you’re on WordPress 5.0 or greater, PHP 7+, MySQL 5.6+ and WP Memory Limit is 128MB or more (256 MB is preferred).
- Check if Elementor and Elementor Pro is updated to the latest version. You can check this in WordPress Dashboard > Plugins. If there’s an update on the Elementor plugin, click Update Now and it will be updated in the background.
- Switch your activated theme with the Twenty Twenty theme which is the default theme of WordPress. If there’s an issue with the theme, you can either use a different theme or contact the developer of that theme with the issue.
- Deactivate all the plugins except Elementor and Elementor Pro to see if that solves the problem. If then Elementor loads fine, then try reactivating the plugin one by one until you find the one causing issues with Elementor.
If the Elementor still doesn’t load, then it’s best to contact the support.
➠ What happens when Elementor pro expires?
As Elementor is based on yearly pricing, you will have to renew every year to keep receiving the Elementor Pro updates and support access.
If you decide not to renew it after it expires, you can continue to use it on all your websites without any problems as long as you keep the Elementor Pro plugin installed on your website. But then you will not be receiving any updates or support from Elementor which can cause some issue after some time due to incompatibility with the Elementor free plugin.
So it’s recommended to renew the Elementor Pro every year to receive the updates and keep the site secure continuously.